Monday, March 12, 2007

Composer's Corner

Odd socks, odd socks,
I have no pair to spare
I’d like to blame the washer
But the fault just isn’t there

I pin my socks together
Tie up them with some string
While still upon my feet
I can’t rely on anything!

Staples, metal clips
Even static cling
Can’t stop all my even socks
From dis-a-p-pear-ing

Somehow one still goes missing
The odd one’s now long gone
I search and search, I go berserk
And it always takes so long

And I have no luck, I say
I look for them everywhere
Underneath the couch
And right behind the chair

Sadly, all the socks I have
Just cannot be spared
I really would like to help you
But fate just doesn’t care.

Odd socks, Odd Socks,
I have no pair to spare
I’d like to blame the washer
But the fault just isn’t there!


Odd socks, Odd Socks,
I know I'll never find
These renegade runaways
For these poor feet of mine.

No comments: