Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Whoa. Random.

Of course, what's really impressive is that it's about 3 billion times spookier to see it here than it was in Planet of the Dead.

Speaking of four knocks, do they perchance refer to the four elements of Moffat's reign?
1) The new Doctor
2) The new Companion
3) The new Doctor AND Companion in costume outside the new TARDIS prop
4) The new TARDIS control room

If so, the fourth knock has come... courtesy of Scooty the full-fisted set reporter...

Not the best view, I concede, but enough to base an opinion of.

Do I like it?

Um...
Pros:
1) It's different
2) ...actually that's all I've got

Cons:
1) It's not different enough
2) Way too 60s Dalek movies where the colour scheme was chosen via lava lamp
3) Too damn dim, turn the lights up
4) The roundels either look like eyes or nipples and are creepy either way
5) This image might actually be reversed on TV (cause we're BEHIND the illuminated painting in the back of a police box instead of in FRONT), so it's not accurate
6) The police box windows are wrong for Smith's TARDIS, which surely Moff would have noticed. Is this all some kind of hoax?

"Number 2 control room closed down for redecoration... I don't like the colour."

So, there, another spoiler-ridden post wasted on the bloggersphere...

2 comments:

Jared "No Nickname" Hansen said...

I find it awesome that even more DW references are creeping into the Simpsons...

In fact, it's just cool in general that DW is insidiously creeping into America..

I actually quite like the look of that console room. It looks a mite cosier.

I do find it interesting that Moffat's changing it so quickly, along with the 'desktop theme' bit in Time Crash it makes me suspect he didn't like the Eccleston look at all.

Youth of Australia said...

I find it awesome that even more DW references are creeping into the Simpsons...
Yeah. The silent TB cameos are never enough...

In fact, it's just cool in general that DW is insidiously creeping into America..
Oh yeah. In fact, I've found an American newspaper strip which has probably my favorite comment on the current state of Doctor Who.

I actually quite like the look of that console room. It looks a mite cosier.
Wierd. It's built where the Hub used to be, so it's 300 times bigger than the original control room...

I do find it interesting that Moffat's changing it so quickly, along with the 'desktop theme' bit in Time Crash it makes me suspect he didn't like the Eccleston look at all.
Funny story that... well, a story Moffat told us, at any roads. You see, back in 2004 he was told there would be a different console room to the one that turned up. You might have seen it, but it was basically the same as Eccles except all polished metal and neon lights - no organic, coral crap and with a traditional white and yellow colour scheme.

Moffat goes, "Yeah, I like that" and wanders off and - in what now appears to have been tradition - is kept in the dark about the fact RTD went, "Yes, that's what it was like BEFORE the Time War, so it's now been nuked and turned organic."

Moff said the only detail kept was the police box doors, with the phone on the inside (maybe because he'd written that into his script?).

Seems to me that this proves Moff's relationship with RTD could be boiled down to "Oh, sorry, didn't I mention that?"